SoundCloud, the world’s largest open audio platform, announced today the launch of its first DJ performance software integration with Serato. This launch marks the first time DJs will have immediate access to SoundCloud’s one-of-a-kind streaming catalog, directly through professional DJ performance software.
The integration enables creators to stream and mix SoundCloud’s massive catalog of original tracks in high quality audio using a SoundCloud Go+ premium consumer subscription with Serato DJ Pro 2.1 or DJ Lite 1.1.
This new release is a big step forward in streaming workflows for DJs. Here’s how Serato users can get started building mixes using SoundCloud:
- Download and log into Serato DJ Pro 2.1 or DJ Lite 1.1
- Enable SoundCloud within Serato DJ then log in using their SoundCloud Go+ premium subscription username and password
- Restart the Serato DJ application to begin accessing saved SoundCloud playlists, and to search, mix and stream from SoundCloud’s massive catalog, live
“We’re excited to introduce our first DJ performance software integration with Serato, a leader in the space,” said Kerry Trainor, Chief Executive Officer, SoundCloud. “SoundCloud is committed to empowering creators with the best tools and resources to grow their careers. Today’s launch is the first time DJs can mix and stream SoundCloud’s massive catalog directly in professional-level DJ software.”
“SoundCloud is such an important platform for music discovery and have long been aligned with the DJ community,” says Nick Maclaren, Chief Strategy Officer at Serato. “We’re thrilled to partner with a service that offers such a large and diverse catalog of songs unavailable anywhere else online.”
There are two ways to access SoundCloud’s premium consumer subscription, SoundCloud Go+:
- Purchase a standalone SoundCloud Go+ subscription for $9.99/month. Visit soundcloud.com/go for details.
- Best value for DJs: Purchase SoundCloud Pro Unlimited, SoundCloud’s premium creator subscription, and DJs can add a SoundCloud Go+ subscription for just $4.99, giving them the leading hosting tools for DJs and the world’s largest streaming catalog for a bundled price of $16.99/month. To take advantage of this offer and learn more, DJs can visit creators.soundcloud/dj.
SoundCloud will be launching additional integrations with leading DJ performance software companies including Native Instruments, Virtual DJ, DEX3, Mixvibes and Hercules in 2019.
SoundCloud is the world’s largest open audio platform, powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators on the pulse of what’s new, now and next in culture. Founded in 2007, SoundCloud empowers the world’s audio creators with the best tools, services and resources to build and grow their careers. With over 190 million tracks from 20 million creators heard in 190 countries, what’s next in music is first on SoundCloud.
Serato makes premium audio software for music lovers worldwide. In 1999 Serato launched with Pitch ‘n Time, still the world’s foremost studio plugin for time-stretching and pitch-shifting technology. On the strength of Pitch ‘n Time, Serato moved into the DJ industry, changing the game with the release of Serato Scratch Live, and later Serato DJ Pro and Serato DJ Lite. Serato has recently returned to the diverse world of music production with the release of Serato Sample, a high-quality sampling plugin for producers.